Getting Started is a very simple process that can be done completely online. There are no set-up fees, no monthly maintenance fees, no commitment to use our service and the entire process can be completed in just a short time.
- You must first complete and sign the Service Agreement below to establish your account, to let us know exactly how you want us to set up your account and let us know who requires access. If you choose not to sign it electronically, you can print it out and fax it to us.
- We will, once you have completed the Service Agreement, vet and establish your account and send the people who need access their user names and password, along with instructions on how to order and view their background searches online.
Synopsys Search Requirements:
- Social Security Number trace – For those individuals both within and outside the United States who have a Social Security Number, a social security number trace will be run to determine the counties in which the individual has lived and what names (given name, alias, AKAs, maiden and married names, for example) were used. If you are outside the U.S. and do not have a social security number, this check will not be run.
- U.S. Criminal Records search – A misdemeanor and felony criminal record search will be performed in each of the counties and for each of those names used during the prior seven years. Turnaround is usually within 3 business days, but can take longer depending upon the county.
- Drivers License check — We search the Department of Motor Vehicle records of the issuing state to determine current driver’s license status, date and description of violations on the applicant’s record, outstanding failures to appear and other names used by the individual.
- Prohibited Parties List check – Every contractor for Synopsys will have his/her name checked against the US Department of Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons list (SDN).
- Synopsys requires a copy of the completed background report, so once the Background Check is completed it will be made available to a Synopsys representative.
Cost/Payment for Background Check:
- Contractors at Synopsys must pay for the background searches. You can charge the costs against a credit card or, with prior approval, arrangements may be made to bill you against a corporate purchase order (for US residents only).
Fill out our Corporate Service Agreement.